Removing the Content Advisor Password in Internet Explorer!
The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state. Use this feature if you have forgotten your Password!
1) Click on Start icon and choose or type run.
2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.
3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE].
4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and Policies.
5) Now click on the Ratings folder.
6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called "Key". Click on it and press Delete. Delete the key.
7) Next, choose File and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.
8) Restart the computer if needed and restart Internet Explorer again.
9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x). For IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.
10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password. You can also now add a new password if you wish.
Thanks for visiting mswintips.com.
Return to Index Page
Copyright ©2018 CSN All Rights Reserved