Create Windows Vista/Window 7 USB Bootable install Disk:
1. Insert your USB (4GB+ preferable) stick into the system and backup all the data from the USB as we are going to format the USB to make it bootable.
2. Open elevated Command Prompt. To do this, type in CMD in Start menu search field and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Alternatively, navigate to Start > All programs >Accessories > right click on Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
3. When the Command Prompt opens, enter the following command:
DISKPART and hit enter.
LIST DISK and hit enter.
Once you enter the LIST DISK command, it will show the disk number of your USB drive. In this example Disk 1 is used as the USB Drive number.
4. In this step you need to enter all the below commands one by one and hit enter. As these commands are self explanatory, you can easily guess what these commands do.
SELECT DISK 1 (Replace DISK "1" with your disk number.)
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
(Format process may take a few minutes.)
Donít close the command prompt as we need to execute one more command at the next step. Just minimize it.
5. Insert your Windows DVD in the optical drive and note down the drive letter of the optical drive and USB media drive letter. Here we use "D" as the optical (DVD) drive letter and "H" as the USB drive letter. (Subsitute with your actual drive letters.)
6. Go back to the command prompt and execute the following commands:
D:CD BOOT and hit enter. Where "D" is the DVD Drive letter.
CD BOOT and hit enter. (This Will display a message)
BOOTSECT.EXCE/NT60 H: (Where "H" is the USB drive letter.)
7. Copy Windows DVD contents to USB Drive.
You are now done with your bootable USB. You can now use this bootable USB as a bootable DVD on any computer that comes with USB boot feature support in BOIS (most of the current motherboards support this feature).
Note that this bootable USB guide will not work if you are trying to make a bootable USB on a XP computer.
Thanks for visiting mswintips.com.
Return to Index Page
Copyright ©2018 CSN All Rights Reserved